Call us today!(216) 696-3515
- Case Types
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents Attorney in Beachwood, OH
- Bus Accidents
- Beachwood Ohio Car Accident Attorneys
- Fatal Accidents
- Heavy Equipment Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Beachwood OH
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability
- Sex Abuse
- Slip and Fall
- Beachwood Ohio Truck Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Workers’ Compensation
- Injury Types
- Amusement Park Injuries
- Beachwood, OH Back Injury Attorney
- Birth Injury
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Beachwood Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Child Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Dangerous Conditions
- Delivery Workplace Injury
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Knee Injury
- Neck Injury
- Negligent Hiring
- Personal Injury
- Traumatic Amputation
- Workplace Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Beachwood Vehicular Accident Lawyer
Seek Legal Assistance on Your Vehicular Accident in Beachwood, Ohio
Vehicular accidents are a common occurrence on our roads, and their consequences can be severe and life-changing. When a car accident occurs, the legal and financial difficulties can be overwhelming. Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be a daunting task for anyone, especially those who have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one.
In addition to the physical and emotional pain that comes with an accident, victims may also face financial challenges such as medical bills, property damage, and lost wages. The process of dealing with insurance companies, medical providers, and legal procedures can be confusing and time-consuming, which is why it’s essential to seek the help of a personal injury attorney.
At Karp Steiger, we understand the difficulties and challenges that come with an accident, which is why we are committed to helping accident victims navigate the legal system and receive the compensation they deserve. Our team of skilled attorneys has years of experience in handling vehicular accident cases, and we believe in maximizing results through exceptional lawyering and tenacity.
Our personal injury and workers’ compensation law firm serves Beachwood, Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Erie, Lucas, Sandusky, Hancock, Trumbull, Mahoning, Ottawa, Wood, Lorain, Huron, Seneca, Medina, Summit, Stark, Tuscarawas, Portage, Geauga, Lake
If you or a loved one has been involved in a vehicular accident, don’t hesitate to contact us at Karp Steiger. We are here to help you through this difficult time and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What are the Common Causes of Vehicular Accidents?
Vehicle accidents are unfortunately quite common and can be caused by a variety of factors. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were over 36,000 traffic fatalities in the United States in 2019 alone. Many of these accidents are caused by driver negligence or error.
Being negligent on the road is not only dangerous but can also have serious consequences. In addition to causing property damage and personal injury, being at fault in a vehicular accident can result in higher insurance rates, legal fees, and even criminal charges.
Here are some common causes of vehicle accidents:
- Distracted driving: Using a cell phone, eating, or other distractions while driving can cause drivers to take their eyes off the road and increase the risk of an accident.
- Speeding: Driving at an excessive speed can make it more difficult to control the vehicle and increase the severity of an accident.
- Drunk driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a leading cause of vehicular accidents and fatalities.
- Reckless driving: This can include behaviors such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and failing to yield to other drivers.
- Fatigued driving: Driving while drowsy can impair a driver’s ability to react to changing road conditions and make it more likely for them to fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Weather conditions: Rain, snow, and ice can create hazardous driving conditions and increase the risk of an accident.
- Mechanical failure: Malfunctioning brakes, tires, and other vehicle parts can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicle and increase the risk of an accident.
- Running red lights or stop signs: Failing to obey traffic signals can lead to dangerous collisions with other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Improper lane changes: Changing lanes without signaling or checking blind spots can lead to collisions with other vehicles.
- Inexperienced drivers: Drivers who are new to driving or have limited experience may not be as familiar with the rules of the road, leading to an increased risk of accidents.
If you have been involved in a vehicular accident, it’s important to seek the guidance of an experienced attorney who can help you understand your legal rights and options. At Karp Steiger, we believe in providing personal service through attention and compassion, and we are dedicated to helping our clients obtain the compensation they deserve.
What are the Common Injuries in Vehicular Accidents?
Vehicular accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be severe or even life-threatening. Dealing with injuries from a vehicular accident can be a difficult and painful experience, and can require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
Here are some common injuries that can result from vehicular accidents:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury caused by a sudden jerking motion of the head, often resulting from a rear-end collision.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A TBI occurs when the brain is damaged due to a blow or jolt to the head, which can happen during a vehicular accident.
- Spinal cord injury: Spinal cord injuries can result in partial or complete paralysis, and can be caused by a severe impact to the back or neck.
- Broken bones: The impact of a vehicular accident can cause bones to break, often requiring surgery or immobilization with a cast or brace.
- Internal organ damage: The force of a vehicular accident can cause damage to internal organs, which can result in bleeding, bruising, or other serious complications.
- Burns: Burns can occur if a vehicle catches fire or if there is an explosion during a vehicular accident.
- Cuts and lacerations: Broken glass and other debris from the accident can cause cuts and lacerations, which may require stitches or other medical treatment.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Some individuals who have been in a vehicular accident may develop PTSD, a condition characterized by flashbacks, anxiety, and other symptoms.
- Dental injuries: A vehicular accident can cause dental injuries, such as broken or knocked-out teeth, often requiring dental surgery or other treatments.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries, such as bruises and strains, can occur as a result of the impact of a vehicular accident.
Dealing with injuries from a vehicular accident can be a daunting task, both physically and emotionally. If you have been injured in a vehicular accident, it’s important to seek medical attention right away and to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and seek compensation for your injuries. At Karp Steiger, we are dedicated to helping our clients obtain the compensation they deserve, and we believe in providing personal service through attention and compassion.
How Can I Prove Negligence in a Vehicular Accident Claim?
To prove negligence in a vehicular accident claim, there are four elements that must be established:
- Duty of care: The first element is to show that the other driver owed a duty of care to you. This means that they had a legal obligation to operate their vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Breach of duty: The second element is to demonstrate that the other driver breached their duty of care. This means that they failed to operate their vehicle in a safe and responsible manner, and as a result, caused the accident.
- Causation: The third element is to show that the other driver’s breach of duty caused your injuries. This means that there must be a direct link between the other driver’s actions and your injuries.
- Damages: The fourth and final element is to demonstrate that you suffered damages as a result of the accident. This can include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Ohio follows a legal principle known as comparative negligence, which can impact your ability to recover damages in a vehicular accident claim. Essentially, this means that fault is allocated between the parties involved in the accident based on their percentage of fault. If you are found to be 50% or more at fault for the accident, you may not be able to recover damages from the other party.
Consider this scenario: you are involved in a car accident and the jury determines that the accident was 60% the other driver’s fault and 40% your fault. In this situation, you may still be entitled to recover damages, but the amount of damages you can recover will be reduced in proportion to your own fault. So, if your damages totaled $50,000, you would be entitled to recover $30,000 (60% of the total damages) but would be responsible for the remaining 40%.
Navigating the legal complexities of comparative negligence can be daunting, but with the right legal team on your side, you can feel confident in your ability to seek justice. At Karp Steiger, we have a deep understanding of the legal system and are dedicated to providing exceptional lawyering and tenacity to help our clients maximize their results. Whether you are facing a car accident or any other type of vehicular accident, we are here to fight for your rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Vehicular Accident Claim in Ohio?
In Ohio, the statute of limitations for a vehicular accident claim is generally two years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit seeking damages for your injuries.
It’s important to note that there are some exceptions to this two-year rule. For example, if the accident involved a government vehicle or employee, you may need to provide written notice of your claim within a shorter period of time. Additionally, if the accident resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one, the statute of limitations may be shorter or longer depending on the circumstances.
It’s always best to consult with an experienced attorney to determine the applicable statute of limitations in your case and to ensure that your claim is filed within the appropriate timeframe. At Karp Steiger, we understand the urgency of these matters and work diligently to help our clients pursue their legal rights within the appropriate timeframes.
What Do I Do Following a Vehicular Accident?
Being involved in a vehicular accident can be a confusing and overwhelming experience. In the aftermath of a crash, it can be difficult to know what steps to take. Here are some steps you should consider following a vehicular accident:
- Check for injuries: The first priority is to check for injuries and seek medical attention if needed. If anyone is injured, call 911 or ask someone nearby to do so.
- Move to safety: If possible, move your vehicle out of the way of traffic to a safe location, such as the side of the road or a nearby parking lot.
- Exchange information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident. Be sure to write down their full names, phone numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance policy details.
- Document the scene: Take photos and/or videos of the accident scene, including any damage to the vehicles and any other relevant details.
- Contact the police: If the accident resulted in injuries or significant damage to property, call the police to report the accident.
- Notify your insurance company: Contact your insurance company to report the accident and provide them with the information you gathered from the other driver(s).
- Seek legal advice: Consider consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney to help you understand your legal rights and options.
At Karp Steiger, we understand the challenges that come with being involved in a vehicular accident. Our team of compassionate and dedicated attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
What Damages Can I Get from My Vehicular Accident Claim?
If you’ve been in a vehicular accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for damages related to the accident. The specific damages that you may receive will depend on the severity of your injuries and the circumstances of the accident. Here are some damages you may be eligible for:
- Medical Expenses: This includes all costs related to your medical treatment, such as hospital stays, surgeries, medication, and physical therapy.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and lost earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: This refers to physical and emotional pain and suffering resulting from the accident, such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Property Damage: If your vehicle was damaged or destroyed in the accident, you might be entitled to compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Punitive Damages: In rare cases, a court may award punitive damages to punish the defendant for particularly egregious behavior.
At Karp Steiger, we understand how vehicular accidents can impact your life, and we’ll work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the full compensation you deserve. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and provide you with the support you need during this challenging time.
Why Do I Need a Vehicular Accident Attorney in Ohio?
If you have been involved in a vehicular accident in Ohio, you may be wondering whether you need an attorney to help you navigate the legal process. It’s natural to be hesitant about pursuing a legal case or hiring an attorney, especially if you are dealing with injuries, medical bills, and other financial difficulties.
However, choosing to forgo legal representation can be a costly mistake. Insurance companies have their own lawyers who will do everything in their power to minimize your claim and pay out as little as possible. Without an attorney to represent you, you may be at a disadvantage and end up settling for much less than you deserve.
At Karp Steiger, we understand the temptation to skip hiring an attorney, but we also know that doing so can be detrimental to your case. Our experienced attorneys can help you obtain the compensation you deserve and provide you with the personal service you need during this difficult time. We believe in personal service through attention and compassion, and we are dedicated to helping our clients every step of the way.
Here are some reasons why hiring a vehicular accident attorney is beneficial:
- Knowledge of the legal system: Attorneys are knowledgeable about the legal system and can help you navigate the complexities of your case.
- Experience with insurance companies: Attorneys have experience dealing with insurance companies and can negotiate on your behalf to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Help with documentation: Attorneys can help you gather and organize the necessary documentation for your case.
- Increased chance of success: Hiring an attorney increases your chances of success in your case.
If you have been involved in a vehicular accident in Ohio, don’t hesitate to contact Karp Steiger. We offer a free initial consultation and will evaluate your case to determine the best course of action for you. With our experience and dedication, we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Call our Experienced Vehicular Accident Lawyer Today!
Being involved in a vehicular accident can be a traumatic experience, leaving you feeling confused and uncertain about what to do next. It is important to take certain steps following the accident to protect yourself and your legal rights. At Karp Steiger, we understand the difficulties that come with dealing with the aftermath of a vehicular accident. That’s why we believe in providing personal service with attention and compassion to each and every one of our clients.
Our exceptional lawyers are committed to maximizing results through tenacity and tireless pursuit of justice. We have helped numerous clients in the areas of Beachwood and Cleveland, as well as the surrounding areas of Cuyahoga, Erie, Lucas, Sandusky, Hancock, Trumbull, Mahoning, Ottawa, Wood, Lorain, Huron, Seneca, Medina, Summit, Stark, Tuscarawas, Portage, Geauga, and Lake.
If you have been involved in a vehicular accident, we are here to help you navigate the legal process and obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
We also serve the following practice areas: