Call us today!(216) 696-3515
- Case Types
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents Attorney in Beachwood, OH
- Bus Accident Attorneys in Beachwood, Ohio
- Beachwood Ohio Car Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Fatal Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Heavy Equipment Accident Attorneys
- Highway Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Beachwood OH
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Ohio Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Product Liability Attorneys
- Sex Abuse
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Beachwood, OH
- Beachwood Ohio Truck Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Workers’ Compensation
- Injury Types
- Amusement Park Injuries
- Beachwood, OH Back Injury Attorney
- Birth Injury
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury Attorney in Beachwood, OH
- Beachwood Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Child Injury
- Ohio Construction Accident Attorneys
- Dangerous Conditions
- Ohio Fulfillment Center And Delivery Workplace Injury Attorneys
- Ohio Dog Bites and Animal Attacks Attorneys
- Knee Injury
- Neck Injury
- Negligent Hiring
- Paralysis in Beachwood, OH
- Personal Injury
- Beachwood, OH Traumatic Amputation Attorney
- Workplace Injuries
- Ohio Wrongful Death Attorneys
Beachwood Construction Accident Attorney
Seek Compensation for Your Construction Accident Now!
If you are someone who is working in the construction industry in Beachwood, Ohio, and has gotten into an accident, you definitely need the services of a Beachwood construction accident attorney. Navigating the entire process of a workers’ compensation claim may be complicated; aside from the fact that it is intrinsically complicated, you will also have numerous constraints due to your injuries. If you want to seek the rightful compensation you deserve, contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney now!
Karp Steiger Co., LPA is a workers’ compensation law firm that has been helping individuals and families in Ohio for more than 50 years. We take pride in being exceptionally different from other lawyers. We emphasize getting positive results, and we believe that every client deserves personal service with attention and compassion. Get a risk-free consultation now!
Understanding Construction Accidents
In Beachwood, Ohio, the construction industry plays a vital role in the city’s growth and development. However, along with the benefits of construction projects come potential risks and hazards that can lead to accidents and injuries. Understanding the landscape of construction accidents in Beachwood is essential for both workers and individuals residing near construction sites.
Construction accidents are not uncommon in Beachwood, and it’s crucial to be aware of the statistics surrounding these incidents. According to recent data from the Beachwood Department of Building and Housing, construction-related accidents accounted for a significant number of workplace injuries and fatalities in the city last year. These statistics highlight the need for increased awareness and safety measures on construction sites.
In Beachwood, some construction accidents occur more frequently than others.
The Most Common Causes of Construction Accidents
Construction sites can be hazardous environments, and accidents can occur due to various factors. As an individual involved in the construction industry or residing near construction zones in Beachwood, Ohio, it’s essential to be aware of the common causes of construction accidents to better understand the potential risks and take appropriate safety precautions.
- Falls from Heights: Falls from heights are one of the most prevalent and dangerous types of construction accidents. Workers operating at elevated locations, such as rooftops, scaffolding, or ladders, may suffer severe injuries or even fatalities if safety measures are not adequately implemented.
- Being Struck By a Falling Object: Construction sites are bustling with activity, and there’s a risk of workers being struck by falling objects such as tools, materials, or debris. Proper storage and securing of objects can significantly reduce the occurrence of such accidents.
- Caught-in/Between Accidents: Caught-in/between accidents happen when a worker becomes trapped between heavy machinery, equipment, or building materials. These accidents can result in serious injuries, including fractures, crush injuries, and amputations.
- Electrocutions: Construction sites often involve the use of electrical equipment and wiring, making workers vulnerable to electrical hazards. Accidental contact with live wires or faulty electrical systems can lead to electrocutions, which can be fatal.
- Vehicle Accidents: Construction sites typically have a high volume of vehicles, including trucks, forklifts, and construction vehicles. Collisions between these vehicles or accidents involving pedestrians can cause significant injuries and property damage.
- Crane Accidents: Crane accidents can occur due to equipment failure, operator error, or adverse weather conditions. These accidents can result in catastrophic injuries and require thorough investigations to determine liability.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Construction sites are prone to slippery surfaces due to wet weather or spills. Slip and fall accidents can lead to various injuries, including sprains, fractures, and head injuries.
- Machine or Equipment Failure: Malfunctioning machinery or equipment can cause accidents that result in serious injuries to operators or nearby workers. Regular maintenance and inspections are crucial to prevent such incidents.
- Thermal and Chemical Burns: Workers dealing with hot materials or hazardous chemicals face the risk of thermal and chemical burns. Proper handling and adherence to safety protocols are essential to avoid these accidents.
- Explosions: In construction sites involving volatile materials or gases, explosions can occur due to mishandling or equipment failure. These accidents can lead to severe injuries and property damage.
- Safety Equipment Failure: Personal protective equipment (PPE) is essential for the safety of construction workers. If safety equipment fails or is not used properly, workers can be exposed to additional risks.
- Heavy Equipment Accidents: Accidents involving heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, cranes, or excavators, can have devastating consequences. Proper training and strict adherence to safety guidelines are critical for operating heavy machinery.
Common Injuries Caused by Construction Accidents
Construction sites in Beachwood, Ohio, can be hazardous environments where accidents can lead to various types of injuries. Whether you are a construction worker or a passerby near a construction zone, being aware of the potential injuries is essential for prioritizing safety and taking preventive measures.
- Heat Stroke and Overexertion: Working outdoors in the hot and humid Ohio climate can lead to heat-related illnesses like heat stroke, dehydration, and heat exhaustion. Overexertion from physically demanding tasks can also result in muscle strains and fatigue.
- Burn Injuries: Construction sites involve various heat sources, chemicals, and flammable materials, making workers susceptible to burn injuries. Thermal burns, chemical burns, and electrical burns are common in such settings.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Accidents involving falls, collapses, or heavy machinery can cause severe spinal cord injuries, leading to partial or complete paralysis and long-term disability.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Head injuries can occur due to falling objects, slips and falls, or impacts with machinery. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can have long-lasting effects on cognitive function and overall quality of life.
- Broken Limbs: Accidents on construction sites can cause fractures and broken bones, often due to falls, vehicle collisions, or equipment malfunctions.
- Catastrophic Injuries: Some construction accidents can result in catastrophic injuries, such as severe burns, amputations, or organ damage, leading to permanent disabilities and life-altering consequences.
- Wrongful Death: Tragically, some construction accidents can be fatal. Wrongful death may occur due to falls from heights, machinery malfunctions, or other critical incidents on the construction site.
Types of Compensation in Construction Accidents
When a construction accident occurs, knowing your rights for compensation is crucial. Explore the following types of compensation available to you:
- Medical Expenses Coverage – After a construction accident, you may be entitled to have your medical expenses covered. This includes hospital bills, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and any other necessary medical treatments related to your injuries.
- Lost Wages and Income – If your injuries prevent you from working, construction accident compensation may include compensation for lost wages during your recovery period. This includes both past wages you missed due to the accident and potential future income loss if you cannot return to work at your previous capacity.
- Pain and Suffering – Construction accident compensation may also account for the physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish you endured due to the accident and resulting injuries.
- Permanent Disability – In cases of severe injuries that result in permanent disability, you may be entitled to compensation for the impact the disability has on your ability to work and lead a fulfilling life.
Why Do I Need a Beachwood Construction Accident Attorney?
Suffering from construction accidents is undoubtedly detrimental to your health. It can be even more worsened if you handle your compensation claim alone. The process can be time-consuming, and it is complicated. To get the best possible results, enlist the help of Karp Steiger Co., LPA. Our team embodies the following traits:
- Personalized service: Karp Steiger’s philosophy puts primary consideration on providing compassionate yet aggressive representation, placing clients’ needs first. They understand that suffering a construction accident can be traumatic, and they work tirelessly to pursue justice and compensation on their clients’ behalf.
- Trial experience: Karp Steiger prides itself on being trial lawyers who are not afraid of the courtroom. If settlement negotiations are not successful, they are fully prepared to litigate and protect their clients’ rights in court.
- Experienced: With over 50 years of experience representing injured individuals throughout Ohio, Karp Steiger has honed their skills in handling construction accident cases. Their long-standing history speaks of their dedication and commitment to pursuing justice for injury victims.
The opening of a second office in Beachwood, Ohio, in 2019 allows Karp Steiger to better serve clients throughout the state. This expansion showcases their commitment to providing accessible legal representation to injury victims in various areas of Ohio. If you need assistance, get a risk-free consultation now!
Call our Beachwood Construction Accident Attorney Now!
Navigating a workers’ compensation claim not only requires a thorough understanding of the relevant laws but also the ability to handle complicated procedures, paperwork, and evidence collection. Whether you’re addressing a construction accident, personal injury, or cases of sexual abuse, it’s crucial to have experienced attorneys by your side.
At Karp Steiger, our commitment is to ensure your rights are protected. We’re not just focused on construction accidents. Our services also cover personal injury and workers’ compensation claims, and we stand strong in our support for victims of sexual abuse in Ohio. Let our experienced attorneys guide you from start to finish, ensuring you achieve the justice you deserve.
Schedule a risk-free consultation with us now!