Recent Blog Posts
Simple Tips to Making Sure Our Car is Safe to Drive
To help avoid car accidents this summer, especially after being cooped up for so long during COVID, we are all eager to get out on road and travel, but here at Karp Steiger our attorneys want you to travel safely without any personal injuries. See these simple tips:
1. Make sure your car is well-maintained. Before leaving for any road trips make sure to get your car fully inspected before setting out on the open road (including brakes, headlights and tires, and make sure your oil and fluid levels are topped off).
2. Be sure to carry all appropriate paperwork at all times. Make sure your drivers license is renewed and current. Never knowing what will happen, you want to make sure your insurance policy is up-to-date and that you are able to help cover not only yourself if you are unfortunately struck by an uninsured driver, but also that you are protecting others if you happen to accidentally cause the accident.
3. Keep all distractions at bay. It’s easy to become distracted while driving, especially on long road trips. Whether pets are in the back seat, kids are crying, you need to check your phone or you may just be hungry and eat on the go. No matter what the circumstances, keep focused on the road so to avoid an accident and any possible personal injury lawsuit.
4. Make sure to get plenty of rest. Studies show that sleep deprived drivers can be as dangerous as an intoxicated driver. Never do you want to put yourself, your family, or others at risk. So if need be takes breaks and stop if you get too tired on your trips.
5. Watch out for drunk drivers. This summer everything is opening up and people want to celebrate. So make sure you are careful and keep a lookout for drunk drivers. Call the police if you suspect anyone who may be intoxicated and could put you or others at risk.
Let’s make this summer one to remember. Have fun, but be safe. No summer should be one where you are dealing with insurance companies, rental agencies, and doctors. If you were involved in a car accident and were injured, let our attorneys here at Karp Steiger get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at Karp Steiger. Personal Injury lawyers and Workers’ Compensation Attorneys.