Call us today!(216) 696-3515
- Case Types
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents Attorney in Beachwood, OH
- Bus Accidents
- Beachwood Ohio Car Accident Attorneys
- Fatal Accidents
- Heavy Equipment Accidents
- Highway Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Beachwood OH
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability
- Sex Abuse
- Slip and Fall
- Beachwood Ohio Truck Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Workers’ Compensation
- Injury Types
- Amusement Park Injuries
- Beachwood, OH Back Injury Attorney
- Birth Injury
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Beachwood Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Child Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Dangerous Conditions
- Delivery Workplace Injury
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Knee Injury
- Neck Injury
- Negligent Hiring
- Personal Injury
- Traumatic Amputation
- Workplace Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Beachwood Repetitive Stress Injuries Lawyer
Subjected to Repetitive Stress? Find Justice for your Work Injuries with Workers’ Comp!
Repetitive stress injuries are a common type of work injury that can have serious consequences for employees. These injuries occur when an individual performs the same physical task repeatedly over an extended period, resulting in damage to muscles, tendons, and nerves. Some of the most common types of repetitive stress injuries include carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, and trigger finger. If you are dealing with a repetitive stress injury in Ohio, it may be beneficial to seek the guidance of an Ohio Repetitive Stress Injuries Lawyer.
The consequences of these injuries can be severe, ranging from chronic pain and discomfort to the inability to perform basic tasks required for work. In addition to the physical challenges, individuals with repetitive stress injuries often face legal difficulties as well. It can be challenging to obtain the necessary medical treatment, and workers’ compensation claims can be denied, leaving injured workers struggling to pay for medical expenses and lost wages.
This is where a workers’ compensation attorney can help. At Karp Steiger, we understand the difficulties that come with repetitive stress injuries, and we believe in maximizing results through exceptional lawyering and tenacity. With offices in Beachwood and Cleveland and serving the areas of Cuyahoga, Erie, Lucas, Sandusky, Hancock, Trumbull, Mahoning, Ottawa, Wood, Lorain, Huron, Seneca, Medina, Summit, Stark, Tuscarawas, Portage, Geauga, and Lake, our attorneys have the experience and knowledge to help injured workers navigate the legal system and obtain the compensation they deserve.
If you or someone you know is struggling with a repetitive stress injury, contact Karp Steiger today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys. We are here to help you through this difficult time and fight for the compensation you deserve.
What are the Common Causes of Repetitive Stress Injuries?
Repetitive stress injuries (RSIs) can be caused by a wide range of activities that require repetitive or forceful movements over an extended period of time. Here are some common causes of RSIs in the workplace:
- Typing and computer use: Workers who spend long hours typing or using a computer mouse may be at risk of developing RSIs such as carpal tunnel syndrome or tendonitis.
- Manual labor: Jobs that require repetitive motions such as lifting, pushing, or pulling heavy objects can cause RSIs such as rotator cuff injuries, tennis elbow, or trigger finger.
- Assembly line work: Workers who perform repetitive tasks on an assembly line, such as in manufacturing or packaging, may be at risk of developing RSIs such as bursitis or De Quervain’s tenosynovitis.
- Use of vibrating tools: Jobs that require the use of vibrating tools such as drills, sanders, or jackhammers can cause RSIs such as hand-arm vibration syndrome.
- Driving: Drivers who spend long hours on the road, such as truck drivers or bus drivers, may be at risk of developing RSIs such as lower back pain or sciatica.
It’s important to note that these are just a few examples of common causes of RSIs in the workplace. If you’re experiencing pain or discomfort as a result of your job, it’s important to seek medical attention and talk to a workers’ compensation attorney to understand your legal options.
What are the Effects of Repetitive Stress Injuries?
Repetitive stress injuries can have a significant impact on a person’s daily life and ability to work. Here are some of the effects that RSIs can have:
- Pain and discomfort: RSIs often cause pain and discomfort in the affected area, such as the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, neck, or back. This can range from mild to severe and can make it difficult to perform everyday tasks.
- Limited range of motion: RSIs can cause stiffness and a limited range of motion in the affected area, which can make it difficult to perform work-related tasks or even simple daily activities.
- Numbness or tingling: Some RSIs, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, can cause numbness or tingling in the affected area. This can be a sign of nerve damage and should be addressed by a medical professional.
- Reduced grip strength: RSIs that affect the hands or arms can cause reduced grip strength, which can make it difficult to perform tasks that require a strong grip, such as lifting or carrying objects.
- Reduced productivity: RSIs can reduce a person’s productivity at work by limiting their ability to perform certain tasks or causing them to take more breaks.
- Emotional impact: Dealing with chronic pain and discomfort can take a toll on a person’s mental health and well-being. It can lead to anxiety, depression, and feelings of frustration or helplessness.
If you’re experiencing any of these effects as a result of an RSI, it’s important to seek medical attention and talk to a workers’ compensation attorney to understand your legal options.
What is the Time Limit for a Workers’ Comp Claim in Ohio?
The statute of limitations outlines when the deadline is for filing a claim.
For injuries that happened on or after September 29, 2017, claimants have one year from the injury to file. For incidents that occurred before September 28, claimants have to file within two years of:
- When the claimant discovered the injury, or
- The date when they received treatment for it, or
- The date when they quit because of the work-related injury, whichever is the most recent.
What Damages Can I Receive in a Repetitive Stress Injuries Claim?
The damages you may be able to receive in a workers’ compensation claim in Ohio will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. In general, workers’ compensation benefits may include the following:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to receive reimbursement for medical expenses related to your injury, including doctor’s visits, hospitalization, surgery, medication, and physical therapy.
- Wage replacement: If you are unable to work due to your injury, you may be eligible to receive temporary or permanent disability benefits to replace lost wages.
- Vocational rehabilitation: If you are unable to return to your previous job due to your injury, you may be able to receive vocational rehabilitation services to help you learn new job skills and find employment.
- Death benefits: If a worker dies as a result of a work-related injury, their surviving dependents may be eligible to receive death benefits, including compensation for funeral expenses and ongoing support.
In some cases, you may also be able to recover damages through a personal injury lawsuit if your injury was caused by the negligence of a third party. Damages in a personal injury lawsuit may include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
To fully understand the damages you may be eligible to receive, it’s important to consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. They can help you navigate the claims process, gather evidence to support your claim and fight for your right to receive the compensation you deserve.
What Steps Do I Need to Take after my Repetitive Stress Injury?
If you suffer a work-related injury, there are several steps you should take to protect your health and your legal rights:
- Seek medical attention: Your health should be your top priority. Seek medical attention as soon as possible to assess and treat your injuries. Even if you think your injuries are minor, it’s important to get them checked out to prevent any long-term damage.
- Report the injury to your employer: In Ohio, you must report a work-related injury to your employer within a certain time frame, typically within 24 to 48 hours. Failure to report your injury in a timely manner could result in the loss of your right to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
- Document the incident: Make sure to document the details of the incident, including the date, time, and location of the injury, as well as any witnesses. Take photos of any visible injuries and keep track of all medical treatment you receive.
- File a workers’ compensation claim: If you have suffered a work-related injury, you may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits. You must file a claim with the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) within the time limit of the injury. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney can help you navigate the claims process and fight for your right to receive benefits.
- Consult with an attorney: It’s always a good idea to consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney to understand your legal options and ensure that you meet all necessary deadlines. An attorney can help you gather evidence to support your claim and fight for your right to receive the compensation you deserve.
Why Do I Need a Repetitive Stress Injury Attorney in Ohio?
When it comes to dealing with a repetitive stress injury in Ohio, some people might think that hiring a repetitive stress injuries attorney is too expensive or that they can handle the legal process on their own. But the truth is not hiring an attorney can end up being a costly mistake that may hurt your case.
Navigating the legal system can be tough, especially when it comes to workers’ compensation claims. Insurance companies may try to deny your claim or offer you a settlement that is far less than what you deserve. Without an experienced attorney on your side, it can be tough to fight for your rights and obtain the compensation you need to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
At Karp Steiger, we understand how tough it can be to deal with a repetitive stress injury in Ohio. That’s why we are dedicated to providing you with personalized service, attention, and compassion. Our attorneys will work closely with you every step of the way to make sure you understand your legal options and make informed decisions about your case.
Here are some reasons why hiring a repetitive stress injuries attorney can be beneficial:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the legal system: Attorneys possess a deep understanding of the legal system and can assist you in navigating it effectively. They have extensive knowledge of the laws and regulations that apply to your case and can use that knowledge to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
- Exceptional negotiation skills: Attorneys are adept negotiators and can help you reach a settlement that is fair and reasonable. They can work with insurance companies and other involved parties to achieve a positive outcome.
- Experience with similar cases: Attorneys have handled cases similar to yours in the past and can utilize that knowledge to build a strong case on your behalf. They know precisely what evidence to collect and how to present it effectively.
- Help with paperwork and deadlines: Attorneys can help you complete the paperwork correctly and submit it on time. They can also help you meet essential deadlines, such as the statute of limitations for filing a claim.
- Peace of mind: Hiring an attorney can give you peace of mind knowing that you have a professional fighting for your rights and best interests.
If you’re dealing with a repetitive stress injury in Ohio, don’t hesitate to reach out to Karp Steiger. Our experienced attorneys are here to help you get through this tough time and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call our Experienced Ohio Repetitive Stress Injury Lawyer Today!
Work-related injuries can be a serious matter that can affect your life in many ways. Not only can they result in physical pain and suffering, but they can also impact your ability to work, provide for your family, and enjoy life. That’s why it’s crucial to take the right steps to protect yourself after a work-related injury. By seeking medical attention, reporting the injury to your employer, documenting the incident, and filing a workers’ compensation claim, you can ensure that you receive the necessary medical care and financial compensation to cover your expenses and lost wages.
However, navigating the workers’ compensation system can be challenging, especially if you’re dealing with an injury or illness. That’s why it’s important to consult with an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available under the law.
At Karp Steiger, we believe in providing our clients with personalized service and compassionate attention. We work tirelessly to maximize results and help our clients get the justice they deserve. If you’ve been injured on the job, don’t hesitate to contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
We also offer legal services in the following types of cases: