Call us today!(216) 696-3515
- Case Types
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents Attorney in Beachwood, OH
- Bus Accident Attorneys in Beachwood, Ohio
- Beachwood Ohio Car Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Fatal Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Heavy Equipment Accident Attorneys
- Highway Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Beachwood OH
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Ohio Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Product Liability Attorneys
- Sex Abuse
- Slip and Fall Attorney in Beachwood, OH
- Beachwood Ohio Truck Accident Attorneys
- Ohio Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
- Workers’ Compensation
- Hit and Run
- Injury Types
- Amusement Park Injuries
- Beachwood, OH Back Injury Attorney
- Birth Injury
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury Attorney in Beachwood, OH
- Beachwood Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
- Child Injury
- Ohio Construction Accident Attorneys
- Dangerous Conditions
- Ohio Fulfillment Center And Delivery Workplace Injury Attorneys
- Ohio Dog Bites and Animal Attacks Attorneys
- Knee Injury
- Neck Injury
- Negligent Hiring
- Paralysis in Beachwood, OH
- Personal Injury
- Beachwood, OH Traumatic Amputation Attorney
- Workplace Injuries
- Ohio Wrongful Death Attorneys
Ohio Highway Accident Attorneys
Highway accidents are very scary. You are traveling at a high rate of speed. Oftentimes, with your mind on other matters. Once an accident occurs you may be scrambling to know what to do and to make sure you and the other parties are safe. You can even receive very serious injuries during a highway accident.
Here are some guidelines to help you if you are ever involved in a highway accident. To discuss your specific accident and injuries, reach out to our Ohio highway accident lawyers at Karp Steiger today.
Protect Your Rights
If you are involved in a highway accident, the first rule of thumb is to try and stay calm. After your nerves settle, check on your passengers. Next, call 911. Ask for an ambulance if you or any of your passengers are injured.
If you are injured, stay in your vehicle until the police arrive. Upon arrival, the police will take control of the scene and assist in the exchange of information. It is always helpful to obtain the name and badge number of any responding officers as well as the police report number. Even if you can’t get this information, your attorney can secure a copy of the crash report.
If for any reason the police do not obtain information from the involved parties at the accident scene, you should make sure you do so before leaving the area. It is absolutely critical that you get the name, phone number, driver’s license number, and insurance information of all parties involved. You should also write down the make, model, color and license plate number of all vehicles associated with the crash.
We suggest you utilize your cell phone to take some pictures of all vehicles involved in the accident so that they can be identified later. You should also write down the names of all passengers in each car, as well as any witnesses. In obtaining witness information, please be sure to gather the witness’ phone number and address.
Remember it is always best to get a lawyer involved early on in the process. Attorneys can help you to deal with the insurance companies and help you navigate through getting medical treatment for the injuries you may have received and the compensation you deserve.
Speak With Our Ohio Highway Accident Lawyers Today
At Karp Steiger, we always do what is in the best interest for the client, whether that means negotiating with insurance companies’ pre-suit or litigating a case through trial. If you or a loved one were injured in an automobile accident, call the attorneys at Karp Steiger at (216) 696-3515 for a free consultation.